Hair loss, technically known as alopecia, is a common medical condition affecting both men and women of various ages worldwide. According to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, 35 million men and 21 million women in the U.S. are currently experiencing hair loss. There are many hair restoration applications that can temporarily promote hair growth, but the optimal solution for treating moderate to severe hair loss is hair transplant surgery. Hair transplant surgery relocates healthy individual hair follicles from one area of the scalp (donor site) to the targeted area (recipient site) for the most effective results in medical hair restoration.
Hair Transplant Benefits
- Can treat a wide variety of conditions, such as male pattern baldness, female pattern baldness, receding hairlines, burns, trauma scars, facial hair loss, body hair loss and more
- A minimally invasive surgery offering the most advanced treatment in hair loss
- Immediate results
- Naturally growing hair that can be styled and cut, as opposed to a hairpiece which needs to be replaced every six months
- Hair transplant surgery is the only permanent solution for hair loss
- Minimal risk
- The highest success rate of any hair replacement treatment
- Improved appearance
- Improved self confidence
If you suffer from moderate to severe hair loss and are seeking a natural and permanent hair restoration solution, consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to determine if hair transplant surgery is most appropriate for you.